Wednesday, September 23, 2009

OWIT-NY Membership Appreciation Night

As Vice President to the Board of the NY Chapter of the Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT-NY), I definitely felt a desire and responsibility to go around and meet as many of the dozens of women who came out to our event last night at Bryant Park Grill.

The breadth of professionals at these events never ceases to amaze me, with attendees ranging from those in the customs fields, to college professors, to trade policy consultants. It was a wonderful surprise, although it shouldn’t have been surprising, that those I met were as easy going as I am.
I further found some potential authors of articles for the upcoming OWIT-NY newsletter, for which I am the Editor.

As described on the website, OWIT-NY is a non-profit organization that provides support, inspiration, information and networking opportunities to women and men who are active members of the international trade community. I hope you will check out the website and get more involved with one of our national chapters, if not the New York one. Information about OWIT national can be found if you click here.

Questions or comments? Feel free to email me at clark.deanna@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment