Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Holidays!

In case I have any regular readers, I wanted to both wish you all a happy holidays as well as explain where the heck I have been!

Last month I came down with three (3) consecutive colds, one of which included a bout of laryngitis, and all of which, left me out of work for multiple days. I am finally feeling 99% again, but it has been slow coming, and not helped at all with this below-freezing cold weather here on the east coast.

Between dealing with the illnesses, practicing law full time and teaching at F.I.T., I simply did not have much energy left over to dedicate to the blog. This will cease being the case however, come January 2011.

Next month I have a couple of exciting projects I’ll be involved in. One is with the CA State Bar Association as part of their “Cyber Institute,” where myself and two California based attorneys will be speaking in a 1 credit continuing legal education (CLE) program called “Avoiding Cultural Missteps” on January 13, 2011.

The second is with Lawline in New York City on January 14, 2011, also a 1 credit CLE program, where a panel of attorneys will be discussing the Supreme Court’s affirmation this week of the 9th Circuit’s decision in the Omega S.A. v. Costco Wholesale Corporation case dealing with gray goods and copyright protections. I will soon be posting an article describing what “gray goods” are, what the issues had been in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and why it matters to importers. As of the time of this posting, the Supreme Court has yet to release a final revised decision.

Till then, I wish you all a wonderful rest of the year!

Questions/comments? Post below or email me at clark.deanna@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment